Wednesday 21 May 2008

Alesis A6 Andromeda Sounds

A6 Andromeda

I only bought my Andromeda recently but I love it!

It's certainly one of the most powerful polysynths I've ever played or programmed. The sound is immense, I really haven't got to grips with all the modulation possibilities.

I've started to create my own patches so I thought it might be fun to post a few of them up on here, with little audio demos. Here we go:

Mod Cheez
This is a slightly cheesy sound, a bit organy which breaks up in a rather nice way when you tweak the mod wheel. I was going to assign the breakup to the ribbon but I kept that for the filter and used the mod wheel as it felt more natural and immediate.

MP3 here and the patch here.

Bassik
Just a bread'n'butter big bass sound. Little bit of release to give it a bit of, um, follow through but quite good for staccato lines. There's a touch of portamento to give the sound some movement and it could also be a lead bippy noise, as you hear near the end of the mp3.

MP3 here and the patch here.

Syndrum
I was trying to get a moany, groany synthtom sound here, halfway between the tom on Depeche Mode's 'Leave In Silence' and the Dr. Who scream. Note the lovely, deep bass frequencies as the sound grinds down the octaves.

MP3 here and the patch here.

My playing is a wee bit dodgy but hopefully you'll hear some of the loveliness the Andromeda is capable of. :-D

2 comments:

Morten Abel said...

Hi
Does anyone know where I can get a list of the sounds already programmed in the A6? I know I got one when I bought the synth, but its gone now.
Just a list with the name of the sounds and the number. Its so much faster to get what you're looking for, without scrolling around for hours.
Thanks.

Morten
Norway
mabel@online.no

Unknown said...

Outstanding blog you guys have preserved there, I totally valuate the effort.
http://alesisdm10review.tumblr.com/